Duration: 4 years and conducted in 8 semesters Qualification: Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/CS/Electronics or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 45% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects. . In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/other backward classes, the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility will be 40% marks in aggregate in the optional subjects in the qualifying examinations.
Candidates can apply both under General and Foreign/NRI categories
Course Duration: 4 years (8 semester)
Civil engineering focuses on the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers etc.
Programme Educational Objectives
As a Civil Engineer, you will deal with the design, construction and maintenance of infrastructure such as buildings, bridges, roads, tunnels, dams, river & shipping lanes, industrial & power plants. Though civil engineers also supervise construction of built environments, they normally are not involved in the design of the same.
Upon completion of the Civil Engineering (CE) programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of civil engineering technology.
- Utilize graphic techniques to produce engineering documents.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing on civil engineering materials.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Utilize modern surveying methods for land measurement and/or construction layouts.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in civil engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means.
- Understand and analyze the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Determine forces and stresses in elementary structural systems.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
- Estimate material quantities for technical projects.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the civil technical specialties.
Engineering Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Engineering, Engineering Geology , Fluid, Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Surveying, Concrete Technology, Environmental Engineering, Building Materials and Technology, Hydraulics, Design of Steel Structures.
Major Equipment’s available:
Marshal stability Test
Bulk density apparatus
Dorr abrasion test
Liquid limit & plastic limit device
Proctor’s coup action
Coefficient of permeability soils
Unconfined compressive strength
Unconsolidated trixial strength
Slump test apparatus
Compaction factor Apparatus
Concrete test hammer
Vibrating Sieve Shaker with Onset Sieves
Hot air over (18*18*18)
PH Meter Digital
UV Visible spectro photometer
Jar Test Apparatus
Casa Grande Apparatus
Compaction Test – High/Low
Bomb Integrator(Rough meter)
Auto Reduction Tachometer